RiskScreen is an award-winning RegTech. Our solutions enable customers to accelerate time to revenue and generate significant operational efficiencies without compromising compliance performance
We operate a streamlined SaaS platform with modular Onboarding, Screening & pKYC solutions utilised by 1000 organisations globally across a number of verticals
We are passionate about process optimisation in our solutions – because we know it appeals to many stakeholders, which is the best and most durable way to embed our financial crime prevention technology. We call this our ‘virtuous circle’ – customers get faster slicker processes, everyone gets less financial crime. We all win together.
We have an exciting new role available for an experienced legal professional as General Counsel. Whilst the role is based in the UK it would involve providing significant legal support across our business internationally.
The successful candidate will report into the CEO and work with the Sales Team to negotiate and close new business contracts, partnerships, NDA’s; with the Head of HR to negotiate employment contracts; the CCO on any contentious matters; the CISO on the handling of DSARs. Additionally they will commission and coordinate external counsel when necessary. The General Counsel will also have an opportunity to get involved in more strategic work including assisting with M&A transactions.
The successful candidate will have:
- First class intellect
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commercial acumen
- Delivering high quality legal support
- Advising on non-contentious and contentious matters
- Advising on a varied range of compliance issues (principally data protection in the context of new product development and SaaS contracts)
- Supporting executive deliverables
- Facilitating compliant growth
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister in the UK or other similar jurisdiction
- Prior legal experience with GDPR required.
- Prior legal experience with SaaS agreements desired.
- Experience with intellectual property licensing advantageous
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, shift priorities on little notice and remain flexible to changing business needs.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels
Why work for RiskScreen?
We are on a mission to bear down on financial crime by offering solutions that create massive operational efficiencies. The net effect of what we do is hugely positive to businesses and society.
So, apart from the very generous base salary, bonus and benefits we also offer the opportunity to join an important mission.
For more information, or to apply, please contact [email protected]